Thursday, May 17, 2007

Campus Diary: Julie Hadden, Week 3


"Yikes! I never knew a person could miss pizza so much."


5/12/07

Today was our first temptation. Yikes! I never knew a person could miss pizza so much. When I saw it sitting there it was like seeing a long lost friend. Kind of explains why I’m here, right?


5/13/07

Today was emotional. Being away from my only child on Mother’s Day really hurt. I kept thinking about how he probably made some cute little card and had no one to give it to. It’s hard on days like these to stay focused, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.


5/14/07

Today we got our butts handed to us on a plate by a bunch of kids! How bad is that? It’s bad enough to lose to another team…but to a kid who can’t even spell challenge…Yikes! Next time yellow team…Next time! 5


5/15/07

Today was our last chance workout. Last chance that is…for our trainer to drain every last drop of energy from our limp body than heave us on some torturous device and bring us to the brink of death. Sweet Sanjaya! Tomorrow we’ll probably start by digging our own graves. Ah…good times.


5/16/07

Today was our weigh in and my 35th birthday. I told my whole team that all I wanted for my birthday was for us to stay together. Thank heaven I got my wish. We were all so happy! Well, happy until we saw the faces of the Blue Team. I felt so sorry for them. I know this is a game, but sending some one home is no joke. It looks a lot easier on TV. I think tonight, instead of thanking god for our victory, I’m gonna spend my time asking god to give them an overwhelming sense of peace. I get the feeling we’re going to need their prayers soon enough.


5/17/07

Today was a really brutal day for me. Not just physically but emotionally. My son graduated from kindergarten today. OUCH! As a parent you live for moments like that. Hopefully being here will one day make up for all the things I’m missing. It’s worth it to think of a lifetime of happy and healthy memories that I’ll get to share with my familyToday the Blue Team eliminated Jerry. It was a sad day for everyone here. Personally, I think the Blue Team made a poor strategic choice, but then again it wasn’t my decision. We’ll see what happens next.

No comments: