Thursday, May 24, 2007

Campus Diary--Julie Hadden, Week 4

"I was really tired. Not just normal tired, but trouble-walking tired."

-- Wednesday, October 03, 2007

5/18
For some strange reason today I was really tired. Not just normal tired, but trouble walking tired. I guess it’s all-just catching up with us because everyone else seems to feel the same. I’m going to try to go to bed early tonight. Maybe that will help. We had a temptation tonight. They tried to tempt the trainers with cupcakes. Yeah right, Jillian wouldn’t budge. I think they could have offered her a million dollars and she still wouldn’t eat them. It was the principal of the whole thing. She is trying to teach us about making wise choices and taking a bribe at the sake of your health wasn’t worth it. Good for her. Its great to know she practices what she preaches.

5/19
Guess what? I’m still alive, barely. I can’t believe a body can physically go through so much and survive. For most of us, it is the first time we have felt proud of ourselves in a long time. No amount of money can measure up to having self-esteem. Not even $250,000.

5/20
Today was a dark day. Dark days are fantastic. There are no cameras to follow your every step. I would tell you what I did, but I would have to kill you. There were no cameras to document it. He He He!

5/21/07
Today was a challenge day. They made me sit out because I don’t run as fast as everyone else. At first I was disappointed, but when I saw Hollie wipe out on that mountain I was kinda glad I didn’t have to do it. She was covered in blood and gravel. I guess having short legs isn’t so bad after all.

5/22/07
Today was our “last chance workout”. Sounds morbid, huh? It is!!! The sad thing is, even if we were to keel over and die, Jillian would probably still drag our dead bodies onto that scale tomorrow. She would giggle and say: “Poor Julie, God rest her soul, at least she lost another three pounds.”

5/23
Still here! Tonight we won the weigh-in. It was great. I actually lost 7 pounds. That’s right…7 pounds. It was sad that the Blue Team has to send someone home, but at least we can be together for another week. It makes all our hard work worthwhile. Hey, did I mention I lost 7 pounds?

5/24
Tonight the Blue Team eliminated Patty. That stinks. She was so sweet with every person who leaves, it gets tougher around here. You grow to love these people and it hurts to see them leave. I hope next time I see Patty; she is wearing a size 8 and showing off her gorgeous smile. She will definitely be missed.

No comments: