Friday, June 1, 2007

Campus Diary--Julie Hadden, Week 5

Can’t wait to see what vacation with Jillian will be like.
-- Thursday, October 11, 2007

5/28/07
Today was a long day. Early this morning we worked out, packed and then headed to the airport. I’m so glad we got there nice and early, otherwise we might have missed our 5 hour late flight. Yeah that’s right 5 hours late. Did you know it takes 6 ½ hours to get from California to Jamaica? Six hours of sitting next to a woman who obviously had a bladder problem, loved to talk and had questionable depth perception. Fun, fun, fun. By the time I got there I felt as tired as a one-armed paper hanger. Can’t wait to see what vacation with Jillian will be like.

5/29/07
Okay Jamaica is gorgeous. It was worth the drama of getting here. We had dinner with Alison. It was the first time we got to hang out with her. She’s great. This place is truly paradise. I only wish my husband could be here with me. We could lay out on the beach and listen to the wind blow, sip some fruity drink, hold hands. Instead I’ll be running football drills in the sand and I can see it now, at some point I will be facedown in the sand with Jillian yelling something like: “Do another one or you’ll die where you lay!”

5/31/07
Today we had our massages. It was fantastic. I really needed that. In this game you get beat up everyday and it was nice to just be pampered. It was even nicer being pampered while the other teams were being tortured by their trainers. Oops…was that mean? Oh well, they should have won the challenge. He he he.

6/1/07
Goodbye Jamaica…I hate to leave this place. It is so beautiful. Back to life on campus. It feels like being out for summer break and having to go back to school. YUCK!

No comments: